Fair Housing Statement: We are an equal opportunity housing provider. Ashurst and Niemeyer complies with the Federal Fair Housing Act and all local and state Fair Housing Laws. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, age, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Ashurst and Niemeyer uses a list of criteria in reviewing every application:
Ashurst and Niemeyer uses a list of criteria in reviewing every application. Ashurst and Niemeyer has the right to (1) accept or reject the application; (2) make further inquiries of Applicant; (3) request additional information or documentation; (4) require additional deposits and/or rent; (5) reject an application based on the failure of any co-applicant to meet criteria; and/or (6) take any other action required to reserve the rights of Ashurst and Niemeyer and the property owner.
- Application Fee Required. A $50.00 non-refundable application fee per applicant will be required with your application in order for the application to be considered complete and ready for review/processing.
- Identification Required. Applicant(s) must provide proof of identity with a government-issued Photo ID, such as a valid Driver’s License, Military ID, or State ID. Applicants without a social security number must provide proof of a permitted stay in the U.S with a U.S./I.N.S Visa.
- Residential History: We verify your past and present residences for up to the past two (2) years of residency, rental amount and payment history, noise complaints, condition of the unit, unpaid balances, damages, property notice given and adherence to the community policies. If your present residence is a home you own, we verify amount of the mortgage and payment history.
- Employment: We verify the name of your employer and gross salary. If you are self-employed we will verify your most recent tax return. You must earn 3 X the amount of rent.
- Income: A monthly gross income of at least 3 times the monthly rent is required, and income may be combined by applicants. Acceptable forms of verifiable proof of income:
- Most Current Pay Stub showing year to date wages;
- Signed Letter from Employer stating gross income and that includes company name, contact information, and phone number for verification;
- Last years’ W2 or tax return;
- Service members – latest LES and copy of orders;
- Self-employed – last two years’ tax return, including your 1099 and statement of current year’s income.
- Other income such as retirement, AFDC, SDI, or others must be verifiable.
- Credit Score: A minimum credit score of 600 or greater is required. A credit inquiry will be made upon the submittal of the application. Credit history must not contain judgments, utility debts, collections, liens, or bankruptcy within the past two years. Foreclosures within the last three years will be grounds for denial. Ashurst and Niemeyer will not discuss your credit report. You may contact the Credit reporting agency and they will discuss the information with you.
- Background Checks. A background check will be completed on each applicant. It is Ashurst and Niemeyer’s intention and policy to ensure criminal history information is used in a fair, non-biased, and non- discriminatory way without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or familial status. Criminal history must not contain felony conviction(s) for criminal offenses involving; violence, assault, battery, firearms, arson, the manufacturing and/or distribution of controlled substances within the past seven (7) years, or misdemeanor or felony conviction(s) for sexual offenses regardless of when the conviction occurred. In the event criminal history is present or indicates a misdemeanor or felony convictions for any other type of criminal offenses not set forth above, except for minor traffic infractions, additional information may be requested/required in order for Ashurst and Niemeyer to properly review all facts and circumstances of such conviction(s) in considering approval or denial of the application. Ashurst and Niemeyer expressly reserves the right to deny the application upon the completion of its investigation and review.
- Number of Occupants. The number of occupants must comply with HUD standards and guidelines for the specific rental property applied for.
- Co signer. Co-signers must meet all the same applicant qualifications.
- Pets. Please see the property listing to determine if the home you are interested in allows pets. For properties that do allow pets, there may be restrictions on the number of pets and/or the size of the pets allowed. Please check the property listing for specific details and applicable fees.
- A completed Pet Addendum to the lease will be required for each/all pets prior to leasing the property. Each/all pets must be properly identified in the Pet Addendum.
- All pets must be current on all shots/vaccinations. Please be prepared to show documentation.
- Breeds are contingent on Owner Approval. Ashurst and Niemeyer and the owner reserve the right to deny an application for any pet prohibited, or for which insurance is excluded or not provided, under the owner’s insurance policy.
11. Service Animals. A separate application and request for reasonable accommodation, including all requested documentation and information therein, will be required to be submitted for applicants with service animals and/or emotional support animals.